bluespec.com Forum Index bluespec.com
Bluespec Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Bug] GREP_OPTIONS breaks startup scripts (bsenv)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bluespec.com Forum Index -> Non-technical discussions and questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slugonamission

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: [Bug] GREP_OPTIONS breaks startup scripts (bsenv) Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure this is the correct place, but anyway.

I tried to start Bluespec (2012.01.A) today, which failed with the error message "Error Bluespec executable not found BLUESPECEXEC <BLUESPEC>/lib/bin/1:linux64/bluewish".

This seems to be caused if a custom GREP_OPTIONS environment variable is exported. In my case, this contained -v, which then breaks the output of bsenv at line 41 (OSTYPE detection).

I don't know of a more graceful way to fix this, but for now, I simply added "unset GREP_OPTIONS" to the top of bsenv.
patil.nikhil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going off on a tangent here, but if you set "-v" (--invert-match) in GREP_OPTIONS, how do you override that from the commandline (to do a normal grep)? I am just very curious to know!

nikhil
slugonamission

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, sorry, that was a brainfart. I use -n --color=auto rather than -v. In any case, I don't know of a way to simply ignore GREP_OPTIONS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bluespec.com Forum Index -> Non-technical discussions and questions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: