bluespec.com Forum Index bluespec.com
Bluespec Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

about BSV syntax

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bluespec.com Forum Index -> Non-technical discussions and questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
test002

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: about BSV syntax Reply with quote

I build MIT 6.375 SceMi examples, but it fail with latest BSC.
So, I want develop a toy compiler by myself and to start with BSV syntax, I will remove or add other syntax late.
I will use perl+matlab to replace Bluespec's TRS system.
But at the first, I need to know, have I got any partners conflict?
Tnanks!
patil.nikhil

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, you can post the build error you saw? It might just be a bluespec version mismatch.

NP
test002

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

The BSV is best ESL tools, and SceMi will become a great simulator tools.
so I study it since some years ago.
I logon to other university server for learn, but they tools can't be build MIT's Tutorial4, I got fail like "tag_Operate" not defined.

This seem the tools version mismatch, but I can't get any non-commercial license to upgrade tools.

So I try to found another way since I am a software engine .
I found when we don't use complex syntex, we can simple replace string and use matlab to solve rule schedule.

I want to open an opensource project to development a tools like BSV,
but we want use BSV syntax and lib for early stage.
so I need to know what partners conflict we got?
crimsoncardinal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test002: Please contact me, George Harper, gharper <at sign> bluespec.com. We provide Bluespec tools to universities as part of our university program -- and they are intended for use by those in the immediate university community. Note that not all universities have necessarily upgraded to our latest tools.
vramesh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Request for help for building a bluespec compiler Reply with quote

Hello,

I am building a bluespec parser in OCaml and I need some help with it. My research requires me to parse a bluespec program and translate it to an intermediate format and do some fancy stuffs to it. So, towards that end, I have extracted the BNF from the reference guide (PDF document that comes with the university tools set) and built a crude parser (It is not functional yet!). However, ocamlyacc warns me of several shift/reduce and reduce/reduce conflicts. Some conflicts are easy to fix while others are slightly more involved. I would like to know if I could get some assistance in getting these conflicts resolved.
Getting access to a usable bluespec BNF would be a huge bonus (if that is possible at all).
Also, I would be like to know if there are legal ways (as in no hacking or reverse engineering or any other Terms and conditions violating means) to access the intermediate representation (for example some bluespec APIs) so that I can just simply use the official bluespec parser instead of re-inventing the wheel. Thanks in advance.
Cheers!
--
Vasanth
test002

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Request for help for building a bluespec compiler Reply with quote

Excuse me, I am not learn the OCaml.
I use the Bison, and trun GLR parser on.
The GLR is slower, but we are not to solve any R/R or S/R conflicts.

vramesh wrote:
Hello,

I am building a bluespec parser in OCaml and I need some help with it. My research requires me to parse a bluespec program and translate it to an intermediate format and do some fancy stuffs to it. So, towards that end, I have extracted the BNF from the reference guide (PDF document that comes with the university tools set) and built a crude parser (It is not functional yet!). However, ocamlyacc warns me of several shift/reduce and reduce/reduce conflicts. Some conflicts are easy to fix while others are slightly more involved. I would like to know if I could get some assistance in getting these conflicts resolved.
Getting access to a usable bluespec BNF would be a huge bonus (if that is possible at all).
Also, I would be like to know if there are legal ways (as in no hacking or reverse engineering or any other Terms and conditions violating means) to access the intermediate representation (for example some bluespec APIs) so that I can just simply use the official bluespec parser instead of re-inventing the wheel. Thanks in advance.
Cheers!
--
Vasanth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bluespec.com Forum Index -> Non-technical discussions and questions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: