bluespec.com Forum Index bluespec.com
Bluespec Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem using BlueSpec Workstation in FC12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bluespec.com Forum Index -> Tools: BSC (Bluespec Compiler)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSheriff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Problem using BlueSpec Workstation in FC12 Reply with quote

I don't have a question, exactly, but I wanted to post some changes that I made to the workstation code base that stemmed from a few problems I ran into. I am running Fedora Core 12 and Tcl v8.5 and I am using the latest distribution of BlueSpec 2009 (with academic license).

First, I had installed Tcldot 2.2.1, but the workstation still could not find it. So I made the following changes:

In 'workstation.tcl':
changed line 608
from "/usr/lib/tcltk/graphviz/tcl"
to "/usr/lib/graphviz/tcl"

changed line 609
from "/usr/lib/tcltk/graphviz"
to "/usr/lib/graphviz"

Second, while setting the project options, I got a "variable not declared" error. So I made the following changes:

In 'project_options_dialog.tcl':
changed line 452
from "eval set t $$t"
to "eval set t $t"

changed line 453
from "if {$t == 1}"
to "if {$t != 1}"

I am really glad that I had the source available so that I could fix the problem myself. My concern is that I may have gone and made some bad choices because I don't really know how these changes will effect the rest of the tool. All I can say is that things seem to be working fine.

I guess I am just looking for assurance that I have made reasonable changes to the tool.
ewc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting these changes.

The changes to workstation.tcl are safe -- it looks like FC places the graphviz package in a slightly different place than our Ubuntu distros. I'll add the FC location to the search path in the our release so your edit will not be required.

As for the change in project_options_dialog.tcl, Your edits to do not look corrrect. There should be global variable matching these names.

Out of curiosity, to what is your environment's EDITOR set? If you still have this problem after revierting these changes, please send me your .bspec file.

Best,

TheSheriff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have attached the log file with the error report. I changed the equality to an inequality because the 'get_editor_type' method was returning an empty string.

Also, my EDITOR environment variable is set to '/usr/bin/vim'.

Thanks for your help.

log.txt
 Description:
Error report log

Download
 Filename:  log.txt
 Filesize:  881 Bytes
 Downloaded:  993 Time(s)

ewc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sending this information. I believe there is a problem with your editor set to /usr/bin/vim, but I would like to confirm that before offering a fix.

Can you please also send
$HOME/.bluespec/setup.tcl and a .bspec file.

I will not be able to address this problem until the end of the month.
Thanks

mstsvetk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same problem with tcldot under SLES 10. SUSE 10 already has graphviz libraries, currently graphviz-tcl-2.6-22.4 in /usr/lib64, libtcldot.so really placed there.

What should I do to run bluespec without "can't find package Tcldot 2.21" message?
ewc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluespec's tcl applications, i.e., bluespec, bluetcl and bluewish, all look for and the source the $HOME/.bluetclrc file. Within this file you can add customization to the development workstation as well as customizations for your environment.

To add the proper path for SUSE 10 graphviz, it should be sufficient to add the following line to $HOME/.bluetclrc

Code:

lappend auto_path /usr/lib64/

Keep in mind that bluespec and tcl are not looking for the .so file in its "auto_path", but rather for a pkgIndex.tcl file which redirects to the .so file. You may have to adjust this path find the appropriate pkgIndex.tcl file.

Ed.

mstsvetk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunatly I haven't $HOME/.bluetclrc at all. Could you send me this file? And what is pkgIndex.tcl? Is it system or bluespec file?
ewc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do not have a $HOME/.bluetclrc file, then just create it.
e.g from the shell prompt

Code:
echo "lappend auto_path /usr/lib64" >> $HOME/.bluetclrc

pkgIndex.tcl files are tcl means of providing package information about a compiled package (a .so file) to the tcl interpreter (.tcl) scripts) These files are provided by the distributor of the package. For your primary question this would be graphviz & tcldot.

For more information on tcl/tk, I usually go to http://www.tcl.tk/doc/

Ed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bluespec.com Forum Index -> Tools: BSC (Bluespec Compiler) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: