bluespec.com Forum Index bluespec.com
Bluespec Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BlueSim WaveViewer Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin5k

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: BlueSim WaveViewer Problem Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm going through the "BSV101: Designing A Counter" tutorial example and am now stuck at the Waveform viewer section. In "Module Browser", whenever I click the "Wave Viewer", the option "Start" is always blanked out.

Fyi, I have set the Compile/Simulate options to Bluesim with Waveform Viewer set to Modelsim.

What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help?
ewc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin

Unfortunately, we do not have a direct interface with the Mentor wave viewer. The Mentor boxes in the workstation were added in anticipation of this interface. Unfortunately that project has been delayed.

Please try and use either SpringSoft's nWave/Debussy products or the open-source gtkwave package Be sure to get a very recent version of gtkwave from source forge.

Good Luck
Ed..

kevin5k

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed,

Are you meaning to say that the generated vcd dump file, from BlueSpec can be directly imported into the Mentor Graphics project?

ewc wrote:
Hi Kevin

Unfortunately, we do not have a direct interface with the Mentor wave viewer. The Mentor boxes in the workstation were added in anticipation of this interface. Unfortunately that project has been delayed.

Please try and use either SpringSoft's nWave/Debussy products or the open-source gtkwave package Be sure to get a very recent version of gtkwave from source forge.

Good Luck
Ed..
ewc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin,

I am not very familiar with the details of Mentor tools, but I do believe that they support .vcd file. VCD (value change dump) files are an eda standard and I have never seen a eda tool which does not support them. All tools seem to have a proprietary format for improved performance. Bluesim generates a standard vcd file so will be able to used with Mentor's tools.

The feature that is not supported for Mentor's wave view is Bluespec decoration of signals with type and field information.

Ed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bluespec.com Forum Index -> Tools: Bluesim All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: