bluespec.com Forum Index bluespec.com
Bluespec Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simulation of design

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bluespec.com Forum Index -> Designing with BSV's Rules, Interfaces, ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nilay05

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Simulation of design Reply with quote

I am using bluespec GUI version. In that I am not able to simulate the design. I make changes in option window but still while simulating the design I am getting warnings and simulation is going on untill we press stop button. I am not able to understand where is the exact problem.
hadar_agam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: simulation? Reply with quote

You mention that you are able to simulate the design until you press the stop button - why do you suspect it is not simulating?
Are you generating waveforms, or display statements?
What warnings are you getting?

If you want to stop a simulation in a controlled way, use the $finish() system task in your test-bench.

Information about $display, $finish, and other system tasks can be found in our user guide.
nilay05

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After simulation I am getting this warnings and only stop button is active ,rest of the butons are deactive.

vsim -do {run -all; quit} -lib work_mkOr -c -quiet -novopt main mkOr
# // ModelSim SE-64 6.3 May 4 2007 Linux 2.6.9-22.EL
# //
# // Copyright 1991-2007 Mentor Graphics Corporation
# // All Rights Reserved.
# //
# // THIS WORK CONTAINS TRADE SECRET AND
# // PROPRIETARY INFORMATION WHICH IS THE PROPERTY
# // OF MENTOR GRAPHICS CORPORATION OR ITS LICENSORS
# // AND IS SUBJECT TO LICENSE TERMS.
# //
# ** Warning: (vsim-WLF-5000) Log file vsim.wlf currently in use.
# File in use by: mtech04 Hostname: malashri ProcessID: 14369
# Attempting to use alternate file "./wlftlOPf77".
# ** Warning: (vsim-WLF-5001) Could not open log file vsim.wlf. Using ./wlftlOPf77 instead.
# ** Warning: (vsim-WLF-5001) Could not open log file vsim.wlf. Using ./wlftlOPf77 instead.
# /cad/BlueSpec/Bluespec-2008.11.C/lib/Verilog/main.v(1Cool: [TFMPC] - Too few port connections. Expected 5, found 2.
# Region: :main:top
# ** Warning: (vsim-3722) /cad/BlueSpec/Bluespec-2008.11.C/lib/Verilog/main.v(1Cool: [TFMPC] - Missing connection for port 'oroutput_x_val'.
# ** Warning: (vsim-3722) /cad/BlueSpec/Bluespec-2008.11.C/lib/Verilog/main.v(1Cool: [TFMPC] - Missing connection for port 'oroutput_y_val'.
# ** Warning: (vsim-3722) /cad/BlueSpec/Bluespec-2008.11.C/lib/Verilog/main.v(1Cool: [TFMPC] - Missing connection for port 'read'.
# run -all
quark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like your similation executed, but there is no stimulus for the module, so nothing happens.

When you simulate a design with BSC, only a clock and reset are provided. No other ports are stimulated. So it is not useful to simulate a design which has an interface at the top-level. In this case, your module appears to have an "or" method of two inputs and a "read" method which returns the output.

You should probably write a testbench module, in BSC, which instantiates the module that you want to simulate, sends some inputs, gets back the results, prints the results with $display perhaps (or you can view the values in a VCD file), and then calls $finish to end the simulation. This can be done with rules or with the StmtFsm syntax.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bluespec.com Forum Index -> Designing with BSV's Rules, Interfaces, ... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: