bluespec.com Forum Index bluespec.com
Bluespec Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error g++2 when compiling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bluespec.com Forum Index -> Tools: BSC (Bluespec Compiler)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhantomFav

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Error g++2 when compiling Reply with quote

Hi, after installing a new OS (xubuntu 13.04) i have encountered a problem during compilation, when I press the compile button in the GUI an error pop up saying:

Code:
Error:
g++2
/media/sda3/Bluespec-2012.01.A/lib/bin/bsenv: 1: /media/sda3/Bluespec-2012.01.A/lib/bin/bsenv: c++: not found
g++2
/media/sda3/Bluespec-2012.01.A/lib/bin/bsenv: 1: /media/sda3/Bluespec-2012.01.A/lib/bin/bsenv: c++: not found
    while executing
"exec $env(BLUESPECDIR)/bin/bsenv c++_family"
    (procedure "customize_custom_command" line 8)
    invoked from within
"customize_custom_command $exe"
    (procedure "commands::link_via_bsc" line 18)
    invoked from within
"commands::link_via_bsc"
    (procedure "link_get_cmd" line 9)
    invoked from within
"link_get_cmd"
    (procedure "commands::comp_and_link" line 3)
    invoked from within
"commands::comp_and_link"
    (procedure "menu_actions::build_comp_and_link" line 2)
    invoked from within
"menu_actions::build_comp_and_link"
    invoked from within
".tb.compilelink invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 22)
    invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .tb.compilelink"
    (command bound to event)

I can't figure out how to get rid of this error, can you help me?

EDIT: the problem show up every time the compiler try to create the out executable, the .ba and .bo file are normaly created
quark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Error g++2 when compiling Reply with quote

Have a look at the script "bsenv" in the Bluespec installation. This script is used by BSC to determine the C++ compiler and flags to use when compiling C++ files on your system. The first thing that BSC does is to try to determine which version of C++ you have, so that I can decide which pre-compiled shared object files to use (since earlier versions of GCC are not compatible with later ones, for instance). So try this command:
Code:
/media/sda3/Bluespec-2012.01.A/lib/bin/bsenv c++_family

I suspect that this will give you same error that you saw about the command "c++" not being found. If you look in the script, you'll see that it first consults the environment variable "CXX" to see if your environment has specified the command for the C++ compiler; if not, then it defaults to "c++".

So the first question is whether you have a C++ compiler installed on your system. For instance, does GCC come installed standard on xubuntu 13.04 or do you need to install it?

If GCC or another C++ compiler is installed, then you should either make "/usr/bin/c++" be a link to it or you should set CXX in your environment to be the command to run.
PhantomFav

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your help, you were right, so as you say i have checked for gcc, and i have found it. So i've created a symbolic link:
Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/gcc /usr/bin/c++

but when the compiler do:
Code:
+ bsc -e mkTb -sim -o ./out -simdir . -p .:%/Prelude:%/Libraries -keep-fires

another error come out:
Code:
c++: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory

what is the problem?

Last edited by PhantomFav on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
quark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some googling around and it looks like, while you have gcc installed, maybe you don't have g++ installed -- which could explain why c++ was not linked to it. I'd suggest removing the link to "gcc" and trying to install the "g++" package. Hopefully that will also create a link for "c++" (to point to "g++" and not to "gcc").
PhantomFav

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thanks a lot! you are my savior, this is the solution for the specific problem:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bluespec.com Forum Index -> Tools: BSC (Bluespec Compiler) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: