bluespec.com Forum Index bluespec.com
Bluespec Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot find package fifo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bluespec.com Forum Index -> Tools: BSC (Bluespec Compiler)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amanvats

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Cannot find package fifo Reply with quote

I have three .bsv files.
1. A test bench file.
2. A common file which includes all the typedefs,etc
3. A main file containing the actual modules to be tested.

These files get compiled straight away in my university lab (using some make file). I have tested BSC on my system and it is working fine.
The problem is that when create a project of these files and compile them, it shows this error message : "cannot find package Fifo" "cannot find package Rand"

how do I get rid of this??
quark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot find package fifo Reply with quote

BSC allows command-line options for specifying additional directories where library packages can be found. By default, BSC looks for libraries based on the environment variable ${BLUESPECDIR}, so make sure that you have set this variable in your environment.

Presumably, at least one of your three files contains these statements to import other files/libraries:
Code:
import Fifo::*;
import Rand::*;

There is a "FIFO" library distributed with BSC, but not "Fifo". And there is not a package called "Rand". So I assume that these are libraries that have been provided by your University and which are specified to BSC in the Makefile.

You should look to see if the Makefile is providing the "-p" option to BSC, to specify the additional paths to libraries. If so, you'll to need to provide those same paths in your Workstation project, too.

To help in debugging, you can use the BSC option "-v". This causes BSC to be more verbose, which includes displaying more info about the library packages that it is loading. If you add "-v" to the Makefile, then BSC will display the full path of the "Fifo" and "Rand" packages that it has loaded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bluespec.com Forum Index -> Tools: BSC (Bluespec Compiler) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: