bluespec.com Forum Index bluespec.com
Bluespec Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluespec Syntax Highlighting for Emacs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gururaj

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Bluespec Syntax Highlighting for Emacs Reply with quote

Hi,
The emacs .el files that provide syntax highlighting that come with the distribution dont seem to be correct all the time. Are there some other .el files that someone has written that they could share? I am too much of an emacs newbie to write them on my own.
Regards,
Guruaj
SteveA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guruaj,

Unfortunately, I don't know of any other modes available for BSV.. MIT has one posted, but I don't know if anything is different or changed.. It's at (from googling)

http://csg.csail.mit.edu/6.S195/resources/emacs/bsv-mode.el

Like most language modes in emacs, the bsv emacs mode depends on very simple parsing rules. IE it doesn't really parse the language as the bluespec compiler itself does... It's pretty easy to get keywords right, a bit harder to get variable names right, and not really trivial at all to track function usage vs variable names, etc..

That being said, we'd like to it be good enough for basic correct usage.. What are you seeing that you'd like to act differently?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bluespec.com Forum Index -> Tools: Other All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: